Reproductive rights, critical to American women’s continuing freedom, independence and opportunities, are in jeopardy today. How did we get here? What can we do now?
BC Voices’ documentary short, Stand UP, Speak OUT – Reproductive Rights: Know Your Rights answers these questions. In 28 minutes, this historical narrative tells the story of American women’s 200+ years and ongoing fight for reproductive freedom, from the founding of the US till today, and calls on us all to Stand UP and Speak OUT until every woman has bodily autonomy and the right to bear or not bear children, and can raise her children in a safe and sustainable community.
Hear from a distinguished panel of feminist scholars as they delve further into the racial and class complexities of reproductive justice and discuss what’s needed, today.
- Gloria Feldt, former CEO of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and, and co-founder and president of Take The Lead
- Elena Gutierrez, Associate Professor in Gender and Women’s Studies and Latina American and Latino Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Iris Lopez, Professor of Sociology and Director of the Program in Latin American and Latina Studies at The City College of New York/CUNY
- Jennifer Nelson, Professor Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at University of Redlands, Redlands, California
- Written remarks from Cara Page, Black Queer Feminist Queer cultural/memory worker, curator, and activist in the racial, economic, reproductive, and transformative justice movements
We look forward to seeing you there!
Nov. 16 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm ET
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 15 to register
Zoom link will be sent Nov. 15.